This article will help you with the Monster hunter world guide on defeating Ancient Leshen and also some tips. Leshen is one of the hardest monsters to defeat other than the elder dragons. This monster is compared to Behemoth in difficulty so it’s better to prepare before the hunt. Let’s start by learning about Leshen and his abilities during combat.
About Ancient Leshen and His Abilities
Leshen is a monster that came from the world of the witchers. This monster was introduced then the monster hunter world collaborated with the witcher. This monster has four phases that he goes through while changing areas. In the first phase, the monster doesn’t use any fancy moves other than the moves used during the quest with the witcher. These are those moves
- He can teleport to a random location to reposition or teleport on the back of a random player to attack. Getting hits by that attack will cause bleed and also you will bleed if you get too many hits from the monster.
- He dips his hand on the ground and spawns roots in a straight line, around him or near a player. These are easy to dodge just jump left or right and it’s just for the first phase.
- He uses the flock of Revolture and the Jagras to attack. It uses the Revolture as a shield which dead some damage to mele players. He also uses the Revoltures to attack in two different directions or just attacks everywhere that will hit everyone.
- The number of Jagres increases and it depends on which phase you are in. You can tell by the red line which player is targeted by the Jagres.
- He also gains a new attack when there are Revoltures and Jagres in the area. He puts his hand on the ground and roots the player that is targeted by the jagres. This normally leads to a KO unless you are saved other players in the party.
His attack pattern doesn’t change much and uses all the attacks that he used in the first phase. There are no new attacks in this phase, he only changes the area of the fight.
He still uses all of his attacks like in the previous phase. But in this phase he gets a new attack that least to a one hit KO. He uses the Revoulters to attack in an AOE area that leads to a one hit kill those are hit. This attack is similar to the Behemoth Eclips Metore that is one hit kill too.
In this phase, there is no difference in his attacks he uses all these previous abilities including his ultimate that the Revoltures AOE.
Tips/Guide On Defeating Ancient Leshen
Usually the fight always starts on area 12 so start the fight by hitting the bolder above the Leshen. You can also mount on him so try doing that so that it will create an opening for the combos. Bring lots of flash pods cause you will need a lot of them in this fight. Also bring the igni stone that you received from Geralt.
Use the Igni on Leshen when the Revoltures surround him or you can help your friends that are rooted with it. You can also use flash pods to save your friends from the root. Flash Pods can also be used to interrupt the ultimate that is the AOE Revolture attack. If the fash dosent work on the ultimate use the dolphin dive.
For more content visit Crawford Portal!